The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted the food chain supply while the increased health risk associated with handling meat products has caused meat processing plants to suffer. As these challenges in the meat production industry continue to be highlighted, some of the world’s biggest food companies are increasing investments in plant-based food alternatives. The increased demand for health-conscious food alternatives has since been on the rise, in turn paving the way for a niche market for alternative investment opportunities.
The Vegetarian Butcher has been able to seize the opportunity of consumers making a more ethical shift in the way they source their food. Nationwide sales of plant-based protein products rose by 7%which accounts for more than $1.5B CAD in 2016 and 2017. The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the need for change and increased the consumption of plant-based products.
The Vegetarian Butcher operates efficient and compact bricks and mortar plant-based protein retail grocers supported by a progressive e-commerce strategy. Presently the company has two strategically located high-profile locations in Kelowna, British Columbia and Gastown neighborhood of downtown Vancouver, British Columbia. The Vegetarian Butcher aims to provide meat alternatives not only for vegetarians and vegans but for the growing wave of consumers making plant-based meals part of their weekly diets.
At Billy Goat Brands, we strive to make a positive impact in supporting socially conscious consumers to make ethical choices.The team at Billy Goat Brands continues to support the alternative food industry, and has entered a strategic partnership through a ~12.4% ownership stake in The Vegetarian Butcher.
- The launch of an online platform, and working towards developing a robust e-commerce business to include mail order and delivery
- Development of its own line of packaged products based on sales-data collection and analysis
- Projected to increase retail footprint by opening five locations by the end of 2021 in Langley, White Rock, and North Vancouver amongst other locations in British Columbia, as well as a nationwide expansion through Ontario
- The store concept operates with approximately 500 SKUs over the following categories: Fresh and frozen packaged foods, dry and canned goods, and fresh foods that are prepared daily in-house
- A ~12.4% ownership stake in The Vegetarian Butcher
- The Vegetarian Butcher Board Seat to be held by a BGB Director
- Capital Markets Advisory & Liquidity Event Planning Services Provided by BGB
- BGB maintains a Right of First Refusal on all future financings by Vegetarian Butcher
- The Vegetarian Butcher’s retail stores are cash flow positive within the first quarter of operations
- Capital raised from the company’s most recent private placement will be used to fund expansion and to prepare the company for its initial public offering
Thank you for your continued support and investment with Billy Goat Brands.
- Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- White Rock, British Columbia, Canada (Opening Soon)
- Langley, British Columbia, Canada (Opening Soon)
Learn more about The Vegetarian Butcher by downloading our sell sheet below.